Sunday, September 2, 2007

The room doesn't spin here, it shakes

I've been patiently waiting for my first earthquake experience since moving to SoCal. There's been a few since moving here, but I actually didn't experience them in any discernible way. Today, however, I finally got my first real earthquake experience. Well, sort of. It was a reasonable quake, coming in at 4.7 on the Richter scale. It was quite a distance from us, though, so the effect in Marina del Rey was barely perceptible. In fact, I didn't actually feel it. The only thing I noticed was that my monitors were shook. Rayla didn't notice at all, which isn't surprising, there really wasn't much to notice. In a way, I think we are still waiting for a 'real' earthquake experience (although, I'm not entirely sure I want one :)).

No comments: