Sunday, May 27, 2007

Welcome to California

Four weeks and counting. Of course, my first post was the previous comparison shot of Rayla with her star double. I suppose I should actually write something a little more meaningful (although, they do take their stars very seriously here).

Rayla's post regarding the journey covered the gory details so I'll try and avoid repeating them. To say we were tired as we crossed the border into the U.S. would not be entirely accurate. Exhausted, for sure, but to add to that we were also overwhelmed. At least I was. Entering California, however, and at least being in the State we would call home started to make things much more real. In a way, it made the move a lot smaller, even though we were greeted by Mount Shasta.

The picture shown here is just over the Norther California border. I was looking forward to seeing Shasta again. The last time was in 2005, as we drove North up I5. This time, however, we are on highway 97, which gave us the wonderful opportunity to drive around the mountain. This shot was taken from just about due North of the mountain (see the blue dot on the map). We then got to drive towards the mountain, and around and past it on the West.

Of course, once the mountain is in the rear-view mirror, it's interstate highway the rest of the way, but that's another post.

1 comment:

wuzhixian0610 said...

welcome to my page:
http://adspanel.googlepages.com/


It just start for my school tuition of master degree.
If you are willing to surport,you can give my your logo or pixel links or things like this,or you can also let your friends know my page!I will be very grateful to your kindness!
Good luck!
:)