Monday, July 23, 2007

Back from the Homeland

I went to Saskatoon last week, for a quick trip to visit family and friends. I was able to fly through Calgary with layovers that let me visit with the Rhondas Tuesday night for supper (can't believe I forgot to take a picture!), and Emi and Erin were very brave to get up for an early breakfast Saturday morning.
I was a little nervous about the flight when I looked out the airport window and saw this pilot waving to the ground crew (if you look, you can see his arm on the side of the plane). I didn't know those little windows were supposed to open!
While is Saskatoon, I visited my Grandma Nora each day,

went to a birthday party at Tim and Jana's new house in Warman,
and visited with Ryan and Lorna Epp, and their new daughter!
Mom and I also shopped a lot, looking for a dress for her to wear to a wedding, and me just looking (I bought a lot of stuff for someone just looking!). Dad was able to enjoy the golf course every day, as it rained only twice, and even then it was early in the morning or late at night. He needs the time on the course, as he is working on killer tan-socks.

I had a wonderful, although short, visit, and am already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: