Saturday, June 23, 2007

A wedding on the beach

Well, more of a wedding on a cliff overlooking the beach, but pretty awesome all the same. On Sunday, at sunset, we headed up the coast to Point Mugu to witness a small civil ceremony for Marcus and Kinga. Although they are "getting married" in Europe, in a fancy castle with all the relatives, the dress, flowers, etc., for legal purposes, they needed to get married on American soil first. Something about the waiting period in Hungary for a license, but no wait if you are just doing a "re-enactment" ceremony. Long story short, Darren and I, Agnes, Bernadette, Bojzana and Chris watched a brief ceremony performed by Kinga and Marcus' friend GP the JP (I know, I know). We then went for a wonderful dinner, where we were joined by a couple more friends of the bride and groom. We left our digital in the car, so I'll have to see if I can post some pics from Agnes' camera, or scan some of the prints from the film camera when I get them developed.

No comments: